- Field visit to Hanbal Forest, Hassan district - February 2015.
- Field visit to Nagapuri Hills, Arsikere, Hassan District & Nagamangala, Mandya district - January 2015.
- Field visit to Jenkalbetta, Hassan District - December 2014.
- Thadiandamol, Makut ghat and Kabbe hills, Kodagu District - February 2014.
- Agumbe, Shimoga District - December 2013.
- Sidderbetta, Tumkur District - November 2013.
- Lateritic plateaus along coastal Karnataka - September 2013.
- Devarayandurga State Forest - October 2012.
- Bannerghatta National Park - February 2012.
- Bisle Ghat, Subramanya and Sakleshpur (Western Ghats) - November 2011.
- Formal launch of the 'Digital Flora of Karnataka' by Sri N. Sivasailam, IAS, Principal Secretary Forest, Ecology and Environment Department Govt. of Karnataka. (Jan 30, 2014)
- Presentation of the 'Digital Flora of Karnataka' to the faculty and students of Indian Institute of Science. (November-2013).
- Peer-review of the 'Digital Flora of Karnataka' by eminent Taxonomists (October-2013).
- Presentation on 'Habitat building through conservation- Role of Informatics', at Poornaprajna Institute of Scientific Research, Devanahalli, Bangalore (July-2013).
- Presentation of the herbarium-based Database (Flora of Karnataka), to the Research Advisory and Monitoring Committee, Ministry of Environment and Forests, Govt. Of India (April-2013).
- Presentation of the herbarium-based Database (Flora of Karnataka), at the Conference held by Indian Biodiversity Congress (IBC-2012).
- Saldanha, C. J. and Dan Nicolson (1976), Flora of Hassan District
- Saldanha, C.J. (1984), Flora of Karnataka vols. 1 and 2.
- K. Sankara Rao (2009), Indian Institute of Science Campus: A Botanist’s Delight
- K. Sankara Rao (2010), Flowering Plants of Indian Institute of Science: A Field Guide
- K. Sankara Rao*, A.N. Sringeswara, Deepak Kumar, Sandeep Pulla and R. Sukumar (2012.) A digital herbarium for the flora of Karnataka. Curr. Sci. 102 (9) 1268-1271.
- K.Sankara Rao, H.R. Bhat and Y.N.Seetharam (2012). Chamaecrista rotundifolia (Leguminosae-Caesalpinioideae) – A new record for India. Rheedea. 22(1) 66-67.
- Varsha A. Kulkarni, Y.N. Seetharam and K. Sankara Rao* (2011) Alstonia venenata R.Br. (Apocynaceae): A note on distribution pattern of an endemic species. Nelumbo. 53:2011-12.
- K. Sankara Rao and Ramesh Maheshwari* (2010). Branch-branch connections in trees analogous to hyphal fusions in fungal colonies. Curr. Sci. 98, No. 2: 240-242.
- Ramesh Maheshwari, K. Sankara Rao and T.V. Ramachandra (2009). Structural characteristics of a giant tropical liana and its mode of canopy spread in an alien environment. Curr. Sci. 96(1): 58-64.
- Sankara Rao, K., Harish R. Bhat, Varsha A. Kulkarni and Ramachandra T.V. Mini Forest – An experiment to evaluate the adaptability of Western Ghats species for afforestation. (2011). Environment Conservation Jl. 12 (1&2) 79-83.
- Suresh, H.S., Dattaraja, H.S. and Sukumar, R. (1996). Tree Flora of Mudumalai Sanctuary, southern India. Indian Forester 122: 507-519.
- Suresh, H.S. and Sukumar, R. (1999). Phytogeographical affinities of flora of Nilgiri Biosphere Reserve. Rheedea 9: 1-21.
- Suresh, H. S., Harish R. Bhat, H. S. Dattaraja and R. Sukumar (2006) Revised flora of Mudumalai Wildlife Sanctuary. Journal of Economic Botany and Taxonomy 30 (1).
- K Sankara Rao, Sringeswara A.N, Deepak Kumar, Arun Singh R, Imran Baig, Ravali M, Sasidhara Kaimal, Navendu Page, Ramachandra T.V and Sumesh Dudani (2014), Flora of Karnataka in a herbarium - based database. Sahyadri E-news Issue No. 51.
- Raja K. Swamy, Arun Singh R, Siddharthan S., K. Sankara Rao. Heliotropium amplexicaule (Boraginaceae-Heliotropioidea): A new record for Indian sub-continent. Rheedea. Vol. 25 (2) 148-152, 2015.
- Sankararao, K., N.V. Page, A.N. Sringeswara, R. Arun Singh, I. Baig & S. Vishwanath (2015). Range extension of two poorly known endemic species of the genus Orophea Blume (Annonaceae). Journal of Threatened Taxa 7(3): 6996–6999.
Sankara Rao, K. (2009). Indian Institute of Science Campus: A Botanist’s Delight. IISc Press, Bangalore.