- Family : ZINGIBERACEAE
- Family (Hindi name) : HALDI FAMILY (हल्दी फैमिली)
- Family (as per The Plant List) : ZINGIBERACEAE
- Species Name (as per The Plant List) : Globba marantina L.
- Vernacular name : Chhotta rasna (Oria)
- Habit : Herb
- Habitat : Moist deciduous forests
- Flower, Fruit : August-November
- Distribution :
- Andhra Pradesh : Srikakulam district, West Godavari district, Kurnool district, Vishakapatnam district, Chittoor district, East Godavari district
- Kerala : Kannur district, Wayanad district, Kozhikode district, Malappuram district, Palakkad district, Thrissur district, Idukki district, Kottayam district, Pathanamthitta district, Kollam district, Thiruvananthapuram district
- Maharashtra : Ratnagiri district, Satara district, Sindhudurg district
- Odisha : Common in forests
- Tamil Nadu : Salem district
- Native : Often on hills above 600m, in shade and also by stream banks
- World Distribution : India, Sri Lanka, Himalayas, Malay Archipelago, Philippines, Taiwan
- Conservation Status : Not Evaluated (NE)
- Literature : J.L.Ellis, 1990- Flora of Nallamalais Vol. 2; H.O. Saxena & M. Brahmam, 1995- Flora of Orissa Vol. 3; R. S. Rao et al., 1986 - Flora of West Godavari District; R. S. Rao and S. H. Sreeramulu, 1986 - Flora of Srikakulam District; H. O. Saxena and M. Brahmam, 1989 - The Flora of Similipahar (Similipal), Orissa; B. D. Sharma, S. Karthikeyan & N. P. Singh 1996 - Flora of Maharashtra state - Monocotyledons; Matthew, K.M., The Flora of Tamil Nadu Carnatic, Vol.3 (2). Diocesan Press, Madras. 1983; Pullaiah, 1997. Fl. Andhra Pradesh, vol. 3; Sasidharan, N. 2011. Flowering plants of Kerala. DVD, V 2, KFRI.
- Citation : Sankara Rao, K., Raja K Swamy, Deepak Kumar, Arun Singh R. and K. Gopalakrishna Bhat (2019). Flora of Peninsular India. http://peninsula.ces.iisc.ac.in/plants.php?name=Globba marantina. Downloaded on 2 June 2020.