- Family : RUTACEAE
(Rue Or Citrus Family)
- Family (Hindi name) : NIMBU FAMILY (नींबू फैमिली)
- Family (as per The APG System III) : RUTACEAE
- Basionym : Limonia × aurantiifolia Christm.
- Species Name (as per The Plant List) : Citrus aurantiifolia (Christm.) Swingle
- Common name : Key Lime, Lime tree, Bitter orange, Bigarade, Country lime, Mexican Lime, Seville orange, Sour lime, West Indian lime
- Vernacular name : Nimbe (Kannada); Elumitcahi (Tamil); Limbu (Marathi); Nimma (Telugu); Erumichinarakam, Cherunaregam (Malayalam)
- Habit : Tree
- Habitat : Cultivated
- Comments / notes : Cultivated for its edible fruits, often runs wild.
- Key identification features : Small tree
- Flower, Fruit : Throughout the year
- Distribution :
- Kerala : Kannur district, Wayanad district, Palakkad district, Idukki district, Kollam district
- Maharashtra : All districts of Maharashtra
- Tamil Nadu : Alagar Hills (Madurai district), Kolli Hills (Namakkal district), Shevaroy Hills, Kalrayan Hills, Bodamalai Hills (Salem district), Pachamalai Hills (Tiruchirapalli district), Chitteri Hills, Yelagiri Hills (Vellore district), Sirumalai Hills (Dindigul district), Piranmalai Hills (Sivaganga district), Theerthamalai Hills, Dharmapuri Hills (Dharmapuri district), Gingee Hill (Villipuram district), Javadu Hills (Tiruvannamalai district)
- Native : Southeast Asia
- Conservation Status : Not Evaluated (NE)
- Literature : H.O. Saxena & M. Brahmam, 1994- Flora of Orissa Vol. 1; Kamble & Pradhan, 1988. Flora of Akola District, Maharashtra. Botanical Survey of India; Sasidharan, N. 2011. Flowering plants of Kerala. DVD, V 2, KFRI; Henry, Kumari & Chithra (1983). Flora of Tamil Nadu, India vol. 1.
- Citation : Sankara Rao, K., Raja K Swamy, Deepak Kumar, Arun Singh R. and K. Gopalakrishna Bhat (2019). Flora of Peninsular India. http://peninsula.ces.iisc.ac.in/plants.php?name=Citrus aurantiifolia. Downloaded on 2 October 2023.