- Family : POLYGONACEAE
- Family (Hindi name) : JANGLI PALAK FAMILY (जंगली पालक फैमिली)
- Family (as per The Plant List) : POLYGONACEAE
- Basionym : Polygonum chinense L.
- Species Name (as per The Plant List) : Persicaria chinensis (L.) H. Gross
- Common name : Chinese Knot Weed
- Vernacular name : Mukkala, Mudanthi, Oduthan, Thondi, Thiruthanni, Poovallikodi (Malayalam)
- Habit : Shrub
- Habitat : Evergreen, semi-evergreen and moist deciduous forests
- Flower, Fruit : Throughout the year
- Distribution :
- Kerala : KSR, Kannur district, Wayanad district, Malappuram district, Palakkad district, TSR, Idukki district, Kottayam district, Kollam district, PNT, Thiruvananthapuram district
- Tamil Nadu : Coimbatore district, Dindigul district, Kanyakumari district, Namakkal district, The Nilgiri district, Salem district, Theni district, Tirunelveli district
- World Distribution : Indo-Malaysia, China
- Literature : Sasidharan, N. 2011. Flowering plants of Kerala. DVD, V 2, KFRI.; Henry, Kumari & Chithra (1987). Flora of Tamil Nadu, India vol.2.
- Citation : Sankara Rao, K., Raja K Swamy, Deepak Kumar, Arun Singh R. and K. Gopalakrishna Bhat (2019). Flora of Peninsular India. http://peninsula.ces.iisc.ac.in/plants.php?name=Persicaria chinensis. Downloaded on 14 July 2020.