- Family : APOCYNACEAE
- Family (Hindi name) : KARONDA FAMILY (करौंदा फैमिली)
- Family (as per The APG System III) : APOCYNACEAE
- Species Name (as per The Plant List) : Aganosma cymosa var. elegans (G.Don) Hook.f.
- Vernacular name : Sitralina balli (Kannada); Seellakkodi, Kooruvelichan kodi, Manimalaan kodi, Sellakodi (Tamil); Malathi, Malti (Oria); Palavarikody (Malayalam)
- Habit : Climbing shrub
- Habitat : Evergreen and Deciduous forests near streams
- Comments / notes : Forests up to 1500m; occasional along forest borders
- Flower, Fruit : April-June
- Distribution :
- Andhra Pradesh : Chittoor district, Nellore district, Vishakapatnam district, Kadapa district
- Kerala : Kannur district, Palakkad district, Thrissur district, Idukki district, Kollam district
- Odisha : Ganjam district
- Tamil Nadu : Vellore district, Dindigul district, Salem district
- Native : India, Sri Lanka
- World Distribution : India, Sri Lanka
- Conservation Status : Not Evaluated (NE)
- Literature : Parthsarathy, N & Muthumperumal, C 2009. Check List 5(1): 092-111; Middleton D.J. 1996. A revision of Aganosma (Blume) G. Don (Apocynaceae): Vol 5. (3): 455-482; Pullaiah et al., 2011 - Flora of Eastern Ghats Vol. 4; H.O. Saxena & M. Brahmam, 1995- Flora of Orissa Vol. 2; Matthew, K.M., The Flora of Tamil Nadu Carnatic, Vol.3 (1). Diocesan Press, Madras. 1983; Sasidharan, N. 2011. Flowering plants of Kerala. DVD, V 2, KFRI.
- Citation : Sankara Rao, K., Raja K Swamy, Deepak Kumar, Arun Singh R. and K. Gopalakrishna Bhat (2019). Flora of Peninsular India. http://peninsula.ces.iisc.ac.in/plants.php?name=Aganosma cymosa var. elegans. Downloaded on 20 January 2021.