- Family : APIACEAE
(Carrot Or Coriander Or Parsley Family)
- Family (Hindi name) : SAUNF FAMILY (सौंफ फैमिली)
- Family (as per The Plant List) : APIACEAE
- Species Name (as per The Plant List) : Pimpinella candolleana Wight & Arn.
- Vernacular name : Kattumalli (Malayalam)
- Habit : Herb
- Habitat : Moist deciduous to Evergreen forests
- Comments / notes : Occasional on hills, on bare slopes and shola forests
- Flower, Fruit : July-December
- Distribution :
- Karnataka : Chikkamagaluru district, Mysuru district
- Kerala : Wayanad district, Idukki district
- Maharashtra : Akola district
- Odisha : Ganjam district
- Tamil Nadu : Dindigul district, The Nilgiri district, Coimbatore district, Dharmapuri district, Kanyakumari district, Salem district, Theni district, Tirunelveli district
- Native : India
- Endemism : Peninsular India
- World Distribution : India
- Conservation Status : Not Evaluated (NE)
- Literature : Pullaiah et al., 2007 - Flora of Eastern Ghats Vol. 3; H.O. Saxena & M. Brahmam, 1995- Flora of Orissa Vol. 2; Matthew, K.M., Flora of Tamil Nadu Carnatic, Vol.3 (1). Diocesan Press, Madras. 1983; Sasidharan, N. 2011. Flowering plants of Kerala. DVD, V 2, KFRI; Saldanha, C.J. (1996). Flora of Karnataka vol. 2. Oxford and IBH Publishing Co, New Delhi; Rao & Razi, 1981 – A Synoptic Flora of Mysore District; Kamble & Pradhan, 1988. Flora of Akola District, Maharashtra. Botanical Survey of India; Henry, Kumari & Chithra (1983). Flora of Tamil Nadu, India vol. 1.; Matthew, 1983.
- Citation : Sankara Rao, K., Raja K Swamy, Deepak Kumar, Arun Singh R. and K. Gopalakrishna Bhat (2019). Flora of Peninsular India. http://peninsula.ces.iisc.ac.in/plants.php?name=Pimpinella candolleana. Downloaded on 2 July 2020.