- Family : POACEAE
- Family (Hindi name) : GHAS FAMILY (घास फैमिली)
- Family (as per The Plant List) : POACEAE
- Synonym(s) : Ishcaemum semisagittatum Thw.
- Species Name (as per The Plant List) : Ischaemum commutatum Hack.
- Habit : Herb
- Habitat : Wetlands and grasslands
- Comments / notes : Occasional on stream banks and on slopes
- Flower, Fruit : September-October
- Distribution :
- Karnataka : Bengaluru district
- Kerala : Kannur district, Kozhikode district, Malappuram district, Palakkad district, Idukki district, Kollam district, Thiruvananthapuram district
- Maharashtra : Kolhapur district, Nashik district, Pune district, Raigad district, Ratnagiri district, Satara district, Sindhudurg district
- Tamil Nadu : Coimbatore district, Dindigul district, Kanyakumari district, The Nilgiri district, Salem district, Tirunelveli district
- World Distribution : India, Sri Lanka
- Conservation Status : Not Evaluated (NE)
- Literature : Matthew, K.M., The Flora of Tamil Nadu Carnatic, Vol.3 (2). Diocesan Press, Madras. 1983.; Ramaswamy & Razi, 1973 - Flora of Bangalore district, Karnataka state; B. D. Sharma, S. Karthikeyan & N. P. Singh 1996 - Flora of Maharashtra state - Monocotyledons; Sasidharan, N. 2011. Flowering plants of Kerala. DVD, V 2, KFRI.
- Citation : Sankara Rao, K., Raja K Swamy, Deepak Kumar, Arun Singh R. and K. Gopalakrishna Bhat (2019). Flora of Peninsular India. http://peninsula.ces.iisc.ac.in/plants.php?name=Ischaemum commutatum. Downloaded on 30 May 2020.