- Family : POACEAE
- Family (as per The Plant List) : Poaceae
- Species Name (as per The Plant List) : Digitaria ternata (A.Rich.) Stapf
- Habit : Herb
- Habitat : Grasslands
- Comments / notes : Common on hills up to 1100m. Grows on rocky soils.
- Flower, Fruit : August-February
- Collection Nos : HFP 537
- Distribution :
- Karnataka : Belagavi district, Ballari district, Chikkamagaluru district, Dharwad district, Hassan district, Dakshina Kannada district
- Kerala : Pathanamthitta district
- Maharashtra : Akola district, Amravati district, Aurangabad district, Kolhapur district, Nagpur district, Nashik district, Osmanabad district, Parbhani district, Pune district, Raigad district, Sangli district, Solapur district, Thane district, Wardha district, Yavatmal district
- World Distribution : India, Myanmar, Tropical East and South Africa, China
- Conservation Status : Not Evaluated (NE)
- Literature : Saldanha & Nicolson, 1976 - Flora of Hassan district, Karnataka; Balakrishna Gowda & A.N. Sringesh 2004 – Sringeri (checklist unpublished); Gopalakrishna Bhat, 2003 - Udupi; N.P.Singh, 1988- Flora of Eastern Karnataka; Gopalakrishna Bhat, 2014 - Flora of South Kanara; Matthew, K.M., The Flora of Tamil Nadu Carnatic, Vol.3 (2). Diocesan Press, Madras. 1983; B. D. Sharma, S. Karthikeyan & N. P. Singh 1996 - Flora of Maharashtra state - Monocotyledons; Sasidharan, N. 2011. Flowering plants of Kerala. DVD, V 2, KFRI.
- Citation : Sankara Rao, K., Raja K Swamy, Deepak Kumar, Arun Singh R. and K. Gopalakrishna Bhat (2019). Flora of Peninsular India. http://peninsula.ces.iisc.ac.in/plants.php?name=Digitaria ternata. Downloaded on 22 November 2019.