- Family : POACEAE
- Family (Hindi name) : GHAS FAMILY (घास फैमिली)
- Family (as per The APG System III) : POACEAE
- Basionym : Andropogon assimilis Steud.
- Synonym(s) : Dichanthium assimile (Steud.) Deshpande
- Species Name (as per The Plant List) : Capillipedium assimile (Steud.) A.Camus
- Habit : Herb
- Habitat : Dry and moist deciduous forests
- Flower, Fruit : September-December
- Distribution :
- Andhra Pradesh : Chelam, Diguvametta (Kurnool district), Srikakulam district
- Kerala : Kannur district, Wayanad district, Palakkad district, Thrissur district, Idukki district, Kollam district, Thiruvananthapuram district
- Maharashtra : Amravati district, Mumbai-City district, Mumbai Suburban district, Dhule district, Kolhapur district, Pune district, Ratnagiri district, Satara district, Sindhudurg district
- Tamil Nadu : MYB, GJ, BOL, BGH, DNKL, KAL
- World Distribution : India, Myanmar and Japan
- Conservation Status : Not Evaluated (NE)
- Literature : H.O. Saxena & M. Brahmam, 1996- Flora of Orissa Vol. 4; H. O. Saxena and M. Brahmam, 1989 - The Flora of Similipahar (Similipal), Orissa; B. D. Sharma, S. Karthikeyan & N. P. Singh 1996 - Flora of Maharashtra state - Monocotyledons; Sasidharan, N. 2011. Flowering plants of Kerala. DVD, V 2, KFRI.
- Citation : Sankara Rao, K., Raja K Swamy, Deepak Kumar, Arun Singh R. and K. Gopalakrishna Bhat (2019). Flora of Peninsular India. http://peninsula.ces.iisc.ac.in/plants.php?name=Capillipedium assimile. Downloaded on 11 August 2022.