- Family : POACEAE
- Family (Hindi name) : GHAS FAMILY (घास फैमिली)
- Family (as per The APG System III) : POACEAE
- Synonym(s) : Dichanthium glabrum (Roxb.) S.K.Jain & Deshp.; Dichanthium odoratum (Lisboa) S.K.Jain & Deshp.
- Species Name (as per The Plant List) : Bothriochloa bladhii (Retz.) S.T.Blake
- Vernacular name : Gavatvedi, Usdhana (Marathi)
- Habit : Herb
- Habitat : Banks of rivers and streams
- Flower, Fruit : August-January
- Distribution :
- Karnataka : Hassan district
- Kerala : Kozhikode district, Kollam district
- Maharashtra : Aurangabad district, Bhandara district, Chandrapur district, Nagpur district, Nanded district, Osmanabad district, Parbhani district, Pune district, Raigad district, Thane district, Kolhapur district, Nashik district, Sangli district, Satara district
- World Distribution : Indo-Malesia, China and Tropical Africa
- Conservation Status : Not Evaluated (NE)
- Literature : H.O. Saxena & M. Brahmam, 1996- Flora of Orissa Vol. 4; H. O. Saxena and M. Brahmam, 1989 - The Flora of Similipahar (Similipal), Orissa; J.L.Ellis, 1990- Flora of Nallamalais Vol. 2; R. S. Rao and S. H. Sreeramulu, 1986 - Flora of Srikakulam District; B. D. Sharma, S. Karthikeyan & N. P. Singh 1996 - Flora of Maharashtra state - Monocotyledons; Sasidharan, N. 2011. Flowering plants of Kerala. DVD, V 2, KFRI.
- Citation : Sankara Rao, K., Raja K Swamy, Deepak Kumar, Arun Singh R. and K. Gopalakrishna Bhat (2019). Flora of Peninsular India. http://peninsula.ces.iisc.ac.in/plants.php?name=Bothriochloa bladhii. Downloaded on 20 June 2021.