- Family : NAJADACEAE
(Naiade Or Water-Nymph Family)
- Family (Hindi name) : NAJAS FAMILY
- Family (as per The APG System III) : HYDROCHARITACEAE
- Species Name (as per The Plant List) : Najas graminea Delile
- Habit : Herb
- Habitat : Submerged in stagnant fresh-water
- Comments / notes : Often on plains in ponds, lakes, and marshes to about 1300 m.
- Flower, Fruit : June-November
- Distribution :
- Andhra Pradesh : Common
- Karnataka : Bengaluru district, Mysuru district, Udupi district, Hassan district, Uttara Kannada district, Dakshina Kannada district
- Kerala : Kannur district, Kozhikode district, Alappuzha district, Pathanamthitta district
- Maharashtra : Kolhapur district, Nagpur district, Osmanabad district, Pune district
- Odisha : Common
- World Distribution : Worlwide
- Conservation Status : Least Concern (LC)
- Literature : J.L.Ellis, 1990- Flora of Nallamalais Vol. 2; H.O. Saxena & M. Brahmam, 1996- Flora of Orissa Vol. 4; IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. Version 2014.1. ; B. D. Sharma, S. Karthikeyan & N. P. Singh 1996 - Flora of Maharashtra state - Monocotyledons; Matthew, K.M., The Flora of Tamil Nadu Carnatic, Vol.3 (2). Diocesan Press, Madras. 1983; Sasidharan, N. 2011. Flowering plants of Kerala. DVD, V 2, KFRI; Ramaswamy & Razi, 1973 - Flora of Bangalore district, Karnataka state; Rao & Razi, 1981 - Mysore; Gopalakrishna Bhat, 2003 - Udupi; Gopalakrishna Bhat, 2014 - Flora of South Kanara.
- Citation : Sankara Rao, K., Raja K Swamy, Deepak Kumar, Arun Singh R. and K. Gopalakrishna Bhat (2019). Flora of Peninsular India. http://peninsula.ces.iisc.ac.in/plants.php?name=Najas graminea. Downloaded on 1 December 2022.