- Family : MENISPERMACEAE
- Family (Hindi name) : GILOY FAMILY (गिलोय फैमिली
- Family (as per The APG System III) : MENISPERMACEAE
- Basionym : Epibaterium pendulum J.R. & G. Forst.
- Species Name (as per The Plant List) : Cocculus pendulous (J.R. & G.Forst) Diels.
- Habit : Climber
- Habitat : Scrub jungle and deciduous forests
- Key identification features : Climbers with thick stem bearing puberulous branchlets; Leaves alternate, glabrous -puberulous, nerved at the base; Male flowers sessile or subsessile in axillary fascicles; Calyx ovate-elliptic, fleshy-membranous, glabrous -puberulous; Female flowers axillary-solitary; Fruit is an ovoid-obovoid-reniform compressed drupe turning reddish-black when dry.
- Flower, Fruit : October-January
- Distribution :
- Andhra Pradesh : Anantapur district, Chittoor district, Kadapa district, East Godavari district, Guntur district, Krishna district, Kurnool district, Nellore district, Prakasam district, Srikakulam district, Vishakapatnam district, Vizianagaram district, West Godavari district
- Telangana : Nalgonda district, Khammam district, Mehboobnagar district
- Karnataka : Ballari district, Kolar district, Chamarajanagar district
- Kerala : Thiruvananthapuram district
- Maharashtra : Ahmednagar district, Nashik district, Pune district
- Odisha : Angul district, Balasore district, Bargarh district, Bolangir district, Boudh district, Cuttack district, Deogarh district, Dhenkanal district, Gajapati district, Ganjam district, Kalhandi district, Kandhamal district, Kendrapara district, Keonjhar district, Khurda district, Koraput district, Malkangiri district, Mayurbhanj district, Puri district, Rayagada district, Sambalpur district, Sundergarh district
- Tamil Nadu : Coimbatore district, Dindigul district, Dharmapuri district, Kanchipuram (Changalpattu-CGP) district, Karur district, Krishnagiri district, Madurai district, Namakkal district, Pudukkottai district, Sivaganga district, Salem district, Tiruchirapalli district, Tiruvannamalai district, Villipuram district, Vellore district
- Native : Asia
- World Distribution : India, Pakistan to tropical and subtropical Africa
- Conservation Status : Not Evaluated (NE)
- Literature : Parthsarathy, N & Muthumperumal, C 2009. Check List 5(1): 092-111; Sasidharan, N. 2011. Flowering plants of Kerala. DVD, V 2, KFRI; Henry, Kumari & Chithra (1983). Flora of Tamil Nadu, India vol. 1; N.P. Sing & S. Karthikeyan 2000. Flora of Maharastra vol 1. Botanical survey of India, Govt. India.
- Citation : Sankara Rao, K., Raja K Swamy, Deepak Kumar, Arun Singh R. and K. Gopalakrishna Bhat (2019). Flora of Peninsular India. http://peninsula.ces.iisc.ac.in/plants.php?name=Cocculus pendulous. Downloaded on 17 October 2021.