- Family : LAMIACEAE
- Family (Hindi name) : TULSI FAMILY (तुलसी फैमिली)
- Family (as per The Plant List) : LAMIACEAE
- Basionym : Dysophylla quadrifolia Benth.
- Synonym(s) : Eusteralis quadrifolia (Benth.) Panigrahi; Dysophylla quadrifolia Benth.; Anuragia quadrifolia (Benth.) Raizada; Eusteralis stellata var. roxburghiana (H.Keng) Bennet & Raizada
- Species Name (as per The Plant List) : Pogostemon quadrifolius (Benth.) F.Muell.
- Vernacular name : Naithumba (Malayalam)
- Habit : Undershrub
- Habitat : Scrub jungles in laterite hillocks
- Comments / notes : Rare
- Key identification features : Flowers minute, pinkish blue in showy spikes.
- Flower, Fruit : August-January
- Distribution :
- Andhra Pradesh : East Godavari district, Vishakapatnam district, West Godavari district, Srikakulam district
- Karnataka : Belagavi district, Chikkamagaluru district, Hassan district, Kodagu (Coorg) district, Mysuru district, Shivamogga district, Uttara Kannada district, Ballari district
- Kerala : Kannur district, Kozhikode district, Malappuram district, Kollam district, Thiruvananthapuram district
- Native : Indian subcontinent
- World Distribution : India, Bangladesh, Myanmar, Southeast Asia to Malaysia
- Conservation Status : Least Concern (LC)
- Literature : Pullaiah et al., 2011 - Flora of Eastern Ghats Vol. 4; N.P.Singh, 1988. Flora of Eastern Karnataka; R. S. Rao et al., 1986 - Flora of West Godavari District; R. S. Rao and S. H. Sreeramulu, 1986 - Flora of Srikakulam District; IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. Version 2014.1; H.O. Saxena & M. Brahmam, 1995- Flora of Orissa Vol. 3; H. O. Saxena and M. Brahmam, 1989 - The Flora of Similipahar (Similipal), Orissa; Gopalakrishna Bhat, 2014 - Flora of South Kanara; Sasidharan, N. 2011. Flowering plants of Kerala. DVD, V 2, KFRI.
- Citation : Sankara Rao, K., Raja K Swamy, Deepak Kumar, Arun Singh R. and K. Gopalakrishna Bhat (2019). Flora of Peninsular India. http://peninsula.ces.iisc.ac.in/plants.php?name=Pogostemon quadrifolius. Downloaded on 10 July 2020.