- Family : LAMIACEAE
- Family (as per The Plant List) : Lamiaceae
- Basionym : Coleus amboinicus Lour.
- Synonym(s) : Coleus aromaticus Benth.
- Species Name (as per The Plant List) : Plectranthus amboinicus (Lour.) Spreng.
- Common name : Indian Borage, Country Borage
- Vernacular name : Patherchur, Amroda (Hindi); Dodda patre, Sambara balli (Kannada); Karpuravalli (Sanskrit); Chempalaka, Njavara, Panikoorka, Kanjikoorka, Kannikoorka (Malayalam)
- Habit : Herb
- Comments / notes : Grown in homesteads throughout tropics. Occasional in forests.
- Key identification features : Succulent strong aromatic perennial herb
- Flower, Fruit : December-June
- Distribution :
- Andhra Pradesh : Kadapa district, Anantapur district, Chittoor district, Nellore district, East Godavari district, West Godavari district, Krishna district, Vishakapatnam district, Vizianagaram district, Guntur district, Srikakulam district
- Karnataka : Kalaburagi (Gulbarga) district, Udupi district, Dakshina Kannada district
- Kerala : All districts of Kerala
- World Distribution : India, Mexico, America
- Conservation Status : Not Evaluated (NE)
- Literature : Pullaiah et al., 2011 - Flora of Eastern Ghats Vol. 4; Gopalakrishna Bhat, 2003 - Udupi; Gopalakrishna Bhat, 2014 - Flora of South Kanara; Sasidharan, N. 2011. Flowering plants of Kerala. DVD, V 2, KFRI.
- Citation : Sankara Rao, K., Raja K Swamy, Deepak Kumar, Arun Singh R. and K. Gopalakrishna Bhat (2019). Flora of Peninsular India. http://peninsula.ces.iisc.ac.in/plants.php?name=Plectranthus amboinicus. Downloaded on 13 December 2019.