- Family : ICACINACEAE
(Icacina Or White Pear Family)
- Family (Hindi name) : GHENERA FAMILY
- Family (as per The APG System III) : ICACINACEAE
- Synonym(s) : Apodytes benthamiana Wight; Apodytes beddomei Mast.
- Species Name (as per The Plant List) : Apodytes dimidiata E.Mey. ex Arn.
- Vernacular name : Slatematthi, Karineeli (Malayalam)
- Habit : Tree
- Habitat : Evergreen, semi-evergreen and shola forests
- Comments / notes : Rare
- Flower, Fruit : April-October
- Distribution :
- Karnataka : Kodagu (Coorg) district
- Kerala : Kannur district, Wayanad district, Kozhikode district, Palakkad district, Idukki district, Thiruvananthapuram district
- Tamil Nadu : Salem district, Kanchipuram (Changalpattu-CGP) district, Coimbatore district, Kanyakumari district, Madurai district, The Nilgiri district, Tirunelveli district, Yercaud Hills, Shevaroy Hills (Salem district)
- World Distribution : Tropical and subtropical Africa, Madagascar, Mauritius, Sri Lanka, India, Myanmar, Thailand, Indo-China, Yunnan, Malesia
- Conservation Status : Not Evaluated (NE)
- Literature : Pullaiah et al., 2002 - Flora of Eastern Ghats Vol. 1; Matthew, K.M., Flora of Tamil Nadu Carnatic, Vol.3 (1). Diocesan Press, Madras. 1983; Sasidharan, N. 2011. Flowering plants of Kerala. DVD, V 2, KFRI; Henry, Kumari & Chithra (1983). Flora of Tamil Nadu, India vol. 1; Keshava Murthy & Yoganarasimhan, 1990 – Flora of Coorg district
- Citation : Sankara Rao, K., Raja K Swamy, Deepak Kumar, Arun Singh R. and K. Gopalakrishna Bhat (2019). Flora of Peninsular India. http://peninsula.ces.iisc.ac.in/plants.php?name=Apodytes dimidiata. Downloaded on 22 January 2022.