- Family : HYPOXIDACEAE
(LILY OR AFRICAN POTATO FAMILY)
- Family (as per The Plant List) : Hypoxidaceae
- Synonym(s) : Molineria trichocarpa (Wight) N.P.Balakr.
- Species Name (as per The Plant List) : Molineria trichocarpa (Wight) N.P.Balakr.
- Vernacular name : Nakkadumpa (Telugu); Nilampana (Malayalam)
- Habit : Herb
- Habitat : In moist and shady places in evergreen and semi-Evergreen forests
- Comments / notes : Often on hills above 1000m, in shade, especially on shola floor
- Flower, Fruit : March-October
- Distribution :
- Andhra Pradesh : West Godavari district, Srikakulam district, East Godavari district, Vizianagaram district, Vishakapatnam district
- Karnataka : Chikkamagaluru district, Tumakuru district
- Kerala : Wayanad district, Malappuram district, Palakkad district, Thrissur district, Idukki district, Kottayam district, Pathanamthitta district, Kollam district, Thiruvananthapuram district
- Odisha : Mayurbhanj district, Ganjam district, Kalhandi district
- Tamil Nadu : Coimbatore district, Dindigul district, Dharmapuri district, Kanchipuram (Changalpattu-CGP) district, Karur district, Krishnagiri district, Madurai district, Namakkal district, Pudukkottai district, Sivaganga district, Salem district, Tiruchirapalli district, Tiruvannamalai district, Villipuram district, Vellore district
- Native : India, Sri Lanka
- World Distribution : India, Sri Lanka
- Conservation Status : Not Evaluated (NE)
- Literature : H.O. Saxena & M. Brahmam, 1995- Flora of Orissa Vol. 3; R. S. Rao et al., 1986 - Flora of West Godavari District; R. S. Rao and S. H. Sreeramulu, 1986 - Flora of Srikakulam District; H. O. Saxena and M. Brahmam, 1989 - The Flora of Similipahar (Similipal), Orissa; Matthew, K.M., The Flora of Tamil Nadu Carnatic, Vol.3 (2). Diocesan Press, Madras. 1983; Yoganarasimhan, SN., Subramanyam and Razi, BA (1981). Flora of Chikmagalur District, Karnataka. Intl, Book Distri., Dehra Dun, Uttarakhand, India; Bhaskar & Kushalappa, 2013- Flora of Tumkur District; Sasidharan, N. 2011. Flowering plants of Kerala. DVD, V 2, KFRI.
- Citation : Sankara Rao, K., Raja K Swamy, Deepak Kumar, Arun Singh R. and K. Gopalakrishna Bhat (2019). Flora of Peninsular India. http://peninsula.ces.iisc.ac.in/plants.php?name=Curculigo trichocarpa. Downloaded on 16 December 2019.