- Family : EUPHORBIACEAE
- Family (Hindi name) : AMLA FAMILY (आँवला फैमिली)
- Family (as per The Plant List) : EUPHORBIACEAE
- Species Name (as per The Plant List) : Euphorbia tortilis Rottler ex Ainslie
- Vernacular name : Thirugukalli (Tamil); Murukalli (Malayalam)
- Habit : Tree
- Habitat : Dry deciduous forests
- Comments / notes : Often on plains in scrub jungles.
- Flower, Fruit : June-August
- Distribution :
- Kerala : Idukki district
- Tamil Nadu : Nellore district, Chittoor district, Alagar Hills (Madurai district), Kolli Hills (Namakkal district), Shevaroy Hills (Salem district), Kalrayan Hills (Salem district), Pachamalai Hills (Tiruchirapalli district), Bodamalai Hills (Salem district), Chitteri Hills (Dharmapuri district), Sirumalai Hills (Dindigul district), Yelagiri Hills (Vellore district, former North Arcot), Dharmapuri Hills (Dharmapuri district), Piranmalai Hills (Sivagangai district), Theerthamalai Hills (Dharmapuri district), Gingee Hill (Villupuram district), Javadhu Hills (Tiruvannamalai district, former North Arcot)
- World Distribution : India, Sri Lanka
- Conservation Status : Not Evaluated (NE)
- Literature : Matthew, K.M., The Flora of Tamil Nadu Carnatic, Vol.3 (2). Diocesan Press, Madras. 1983; Sasidharan, N. 2011. Flowering plants of Kerala. DVD, V 2, KFRI.
- Citation : Sankara Rao, K., Raja K Swamy, Deepak Kumar, Arun Singh R. and K. Gopalakrishna Bhat (2019). Flora of Peninsular India. http://peninsula.ces.iisc.ac.in/plants.php?name=Euphorbia tortilis. Downloaded on 8 July 2020.